- QSU’s commitment to academic excellence is matched with stern research thrusts.
- The Research Agenda define the research direction and serve as blueprint for all the research undertakings of the university.
- The RA harmonize with the research priorities of the local and national entities. It specifically prioritize projects/researches stipulated in the Provincial Commodity Investment Plan.
- The Research Agenda, with built-in dynamics of flexibility, is a guide in the formulation of innovative, cutting-edge and forward-looking researches for a better understanding of existing and emerging local, regional, and national issues.
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT is the core area of the university research agenda. It reflects research and developments in both theoretical/philosophical and practical aspects with Sustainability. It specifically focuses on climate change and disaster, advances, inventions and innovations, food security, environmental protection, and social praxis.
- CLIMATE CHANGE AND DISASTER SCIENCE. Climate Change has irreversible and long-lasting effects. Indeed, awareness on climate change and rising risks posed by climate hazards and disasters and their impacts on local and national development is truly a necessity. As such, an intensified evidence-based framework for action on the implications of Climate Change is desirable. Researches on Climate Change and Disaster Science integrate policy in research. It includes studies on Disaster Risk Reduction, Response, Emergency Management and Recovery.
- ADVANCES, INVENTIONS AND INNOVATIONS. Technology has revolutionized human lives. However, the pace by which advances, inventions, and innovations are made is unpredictable. Thus, it is important to commit studies on the discovery or development of products and inventions in different disciplines.
FOOD SECURITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION. Food Security and Environmental Protection are both key policy goals in the contemporary world. Conflicts and contradictions may arise as local actors seek to achieve both security in food and sustainability in the use of natural resources. Researches on Food Security and Environmental Protection address these conflicts and contradictions for the development of sustainable technologies.
- SOCIAL PRAXIS. Praxis and theory are complementary. Praxis is practical wisdom grounded on perceptual and concrete experience while Theory is scientific knowledge that is generalizable, conceptual, and abstract. Researches regarding social praxis encompass two senses: scientific focus on activity and intervention related to developing the practice. It includes studies on how people interact with each other, behave, and develop as a culture.