(APPLICANTS, STUDENTS AND ALUMNI)
(Revised 1st Semester, SY 2021-2022)
Quirino State University (QSU) respects and values your right to data privacy. Thus, QSU is committed to comply with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA), its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and to all relevant issuances of the National Privacy Commission (NPC) to ensure personal data protection.
This notice explains the practice of the University in processing your personal data from collection to disposal and to obtain consent from you.
INFORMATION COLLECTION, USE AND PURPOSE OF PROCESSING
Various offices in the university collect your personal data with the use of structured forms (paper-based and online), automated (electronic and online) information systems and documents that you have submitted to us during admission, enrolment, residency, and exit in the University. This personal data includes the following:
- Personal information like name, present/ permanent address, birthdate, birthplace, age, sex, civil status, contact details (such as mobile number, landline number, email address), citizenship, religion, ethnicity, family background, educational background, guardian’s information, preferred courses, photo and signature. Also, the following documents are collected: PSA birth certificate (and PSA Marriage Contract if married), Certificate of Good Moral, Form 137 and Form 138.
- Academic Records such as grades, attendance, class performance, schedules, honors and awards received;
- Co-curricular activities such as internship/OJT, extension and outreach activities, contests/competitions, leadership/membership of student organizations, trainings/ workshops attended;
- Health, dental and medical records (history and during) your consultation at the university clinic;
- Guidance and counseling services done by the Guidance Counsellor of the university;
- Disciplinary records that include the incidents and sanctions;
- After graduation,job description, profession, employment status and employer’s information; and
- Images and videos captured by the Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras installed in the university and documentation of events and activities of the University, including live streams.
The University may use the personal data in order to pursue its legitimate interests as an educational institution, such as:
- Process admission application and/or enrolment in the university;
- Process Evaluation/Certification of Grades during enrolment and for academic deliberations;
- Provide proper assistance when it comes to mental, physical, and emotional health;
- Process the applications for scholarships, grants, or any other educational assistance;
- Keep alumni records for graduate tracer study for accreditation/ any legal purpose;
- Generate needed reports such as statistical and research purposes;
- Process ID, library cards, and yearbook;
- Advertise the services and programs of the university through promotional materials;
- Disseminate information to stakeholders;
- Provide and observe safety and security measures; and
- Perform other related legal obligations and duties.
Prior to the collection and use of the personal data as mentioned above, the university will ask for your consent (written or electronic). In case of a minor individual, the parent’s and/or guardian’s signature is a requirement to process any transaction within the university.
The University may disclose/share/transfer your personal data to third parties with your consent or when required or allowed by law. Such disclosure is subject to procedure to ensure lawful purpose and the legitimacy of the third party. The University may disclose/share/transfer your personal data, but not limited to the following:
- Government Agencies such as Commission on Higher Education (CHED), Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), Professional Regulation Commission (PRC)
- AACUP and other accrediting/certifying agencies
- University Alumni Association
- Companies/agencies that verifies the veracity of school records of graduates/students
Your personal data either in paper or electronic format is stored and transmitted securely. Access is limited to authorized personnel with utmost respect and confidentiality. Rest assured that the University is implementing reasonable and appropriate organizational, physical, and technical security measures to ensure protection of your personal data.
You have the right to access, update or correct your personal data upon request. In accessing your own personal data, the University will require you to present your University ID or other documents to confirm your identity. In case of the absence of the concerned party, the University will require him/her to provide a letter of consent and present valid ID’s of both the concerned party and representative.
RETENTION AND DISPOSAL/ DESTRUCTION
The University will retain your personal data for a period of time allowed by law and/or University policy. Some of your relevant personal data may be kept and retained indefinitely for historical and statistical purposes. However, all records after such period will be destroyed securely.
For further information and inquiries, you may contact our Data Protection Officer and/or Compliance Officers for Privacy through the following contact details:
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
QSU – Diffun Campus
Email: [email protected]
Contact No: 09682454700.
COMPLIANCE OFFICERS FOR PRIVACY